Two discussion guides will provide a brief history of School Resource Officer (SRO) in schools, identify the goals and roles of SROs, address misperceptions, and generate genuine discussion among students.
Watch a short video on "Police in Schools"
The content of the Discussion Guides covers several lessons and response activities on the three main topics of:
• The history of the SRO program
• Roles and goals of SROs in schools
• The effect of SROs on school safety and climate
with an emphasis on the latter two points. It is academically rigorous and aligns with educational standards in the areas of Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening, and Social Studies. The lessons and responses can be conducted over the course of a single week (as a mini-unit) or can be spread out over a longer period (such as one lesson per week for several weeks).
"Police in Schools"
You get both Discussion Guides with this resource!
Grades 7-8-9 & Grades 10-11-12
Students will fully engage with the content through use of primary-source documents, authentic learning applications, audio monologues, interactive group tasks, individual written responses, and genuine debate and discussion.
Look at a page from the Discussion Guide
Sample the Audio Monologues
Included with your Discussion Guides:
Introduction - Discussion
- Intro (1 page)
- Step-by-step unit/guide (6 pages)
- Document 1 - A Timeline of the School Resource Officer (1 page)
- Document 2 - Safe Schools Officers Network (2 pages)
- Document 3 - A Safe Learning Environment for Everyone (2 pages - 5 more pages appendix in the Grades 7-8-9 Guide)
- Document 4 - Executive Summary from the Toronto Schools SRO Program 2011 Follow-Up Evaluation (3 pages)
- Task 1 - School Impact Project 2000 (7 pages)
- Task 2 - (Grades 7-8-9) A Day in the Life of an SRO (2 pages)
- Task 2 - (Grades 10-11-12) Help Wanted (2 pages)
- Task 3 - Letter from Mrs. Thornton (4 pages)
- Task 4 - Letter Informing Parent(s) (1 page)
Look at one of the Task
If your agency serves more than 2,000,000 people? Contact us for pricing; [email protected]
School administrators and teachers make sure you select the right option for your pricing.
Learn more about LICENSING
Backed by my 30-day money-back guarantee.
Still have question about our character education products? Email us at [email protected]
Article by Trax4Life Media Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.